Blu Planet For Meetings
Radisson Blu, the iconic hotel brand driven by innovation and design, is launching Blu Planet for Meetings, making meetings carbon-free at Radisson Blu hotels worldwide by the end of the year. The selected First Climate carbon offsetting projects contribute to fighting global warming and support the UN Sustainable Development goals.
Radisson Blu, the iconic hotel brand driven by innovation and design, is launching Blu Planet for Meetings, making meetings carbon-free at Radisson Blu hotels worldwide by the end of the year.
The selected First Climate carbon offsetting projects contribute to fighting global warming and support the UN Sustainable Development goals. “Since the COP21 climate accord, an increasing number of corporations are concerned about fighting climate change and about reducing their carbon footprints, also when they plan meetings,” says Inge Huijbrechts, Vice President of Responsible Business for Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group. “We know that face-to-face meetings are crucial to business success. Research has shown they boost profitability. With Blu Planet for Meetings, we help our guests have successful Experience Meetings and help protect our environment by reducing their overall carbon footprint.”All sustainable companies calculate and report their company’s carbon footprint based on their own energy consumption, purchased energy and their supply chain footprint, which includes business travel. For each meeting or event held at a Radisson Blu hotel, the carbon footprint will be calculated and offset through Gold Standard carbon offsetting projects in Guatemala, Malawi and India, linked to water sustainability.“Water sustainability is an important commitment from Radisson Blu, and we are delighted to partner with First Climate on dedicated water projects that will have a positive impact on communities as we help provide safe drinking water,” says Huijbrechts.Blu Planet for Meetings unique carbon offsetting, combined with a series of sustainable features, ensures Radisson Blu is “as committed as you are” to making your meeting green and safe. These characteristics are:
- Advanced technology in rooms and meeting rooms, reducing paper use
- Brain Food for Meetings – an innovative food offering that keeps the delegates’ attention span constant
- A water-light Super Breakfast
- Eco-labelled venues with labels like GreenLeaders, Earthcheck or Green Key®
- Waste recycling in all hotels
- Safehotels Alliance certification at 160+ hotels worldwide
- Blu Planet towel reuse program combining the environmental benefits with bringing safe drinking water to communities in need
- #BluRoutes – running and cycling routes to connect to your destination
- ‘This Works’ all natural amenities
Help us spread the news